Thursday 14 January 2010

Five more to go!!

It has been a rough week and I am now feeling a little better and getting back to functioning instead of sleeping.

My first treatment last Friday slapped me left to right to my surprise, with incredible headaches and sickness.

I had a little relief using painkillers but paracetamol and ibuprofen just did not do it for me.

The Monday was a testing time as I was throwing up every opportunity and the assistant at the hospital made an appointment with the radiotherapist doctor.

She prescribed steroids for me and said that the treatment can bring back fluid to the brain causing my symptoms.

That afternoon after I took my first dose I had instant relief from the headaches and sickness.

Each day I have seen an improvement and I am more awake than asleep thankfully.

Just keeping it short as my vision is not optimal and will update more when my energy returns….

5 more treatments to go….Tomorrow - Friday, Monday-Wednesday- Thursday off- and finishing on Friday next week!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not long now hun .Keep focusing on your holiday in Feb x x Sha