Wednesday 27 January 2010

Puffiness!!

The steroids that are being prescribed during my recovery that help reduce the swelling and headaches have given me temporary diabetes.

During my hospital stay for the operation I was given insulin injections when the levels were too high.

Now I have to check my blood sugar four times daily and call the diabetic nurse at the end of each day and report the levels.

If they get too high, injections will be supplied to stabilize……

Apparently this is a common occurrence when on such steroids….. (Prednisone)

This normally corrects itself when the steroids are reduced in dosage or when weaned off. The weaning process started today and will last three weeks so here’s to getting my slender tones back.

I can tell you I will be very happy to say goodbye to all the fluid filled puffiness!!

No comments: