Monday 4 August 2008

Second Home

People touch our lives in so many ways and I have noticed that when in need and at a point in life when we are starting to fall, hands seem to appear out of nowhere to offer support to get back on our feet again.

Even thoughts have such a great power because sometimes we find it hard to reach out and ask for any help and hold our pains inside.

I have struggled with life at many times during my 38 years on this floating spinning ball we call earth. I have been extremely lucky to have many caring hands held out to me when I have fallen of which I am so grateful for.

Since my diagnosis I have been a member of a wonderful site called the bladder cancer web café and through the forums guidance my bladder cancer journey has been eased.

My fellow bladder cancer warriors and the wonderful caregivers at this site have supported me since my diagnosis last July. Searching out people dealing with the same issues has helped immensely and I am deeply appreciative of the fantastic help I have received.

I receive caring, wonderful, inspirational messages from many people around the world offering support and advice. The sharing of personal experiences on this site helps many seeking out help during desperate times after diagnosis. When anyone is diagnosed with cancer we slip into a zone of deep dark and scary thoughts until we understand and research and seek help.

The bladder cancer web café has been my second home for nearly a year now. Having this ability to connect with fellow patients has filled me with the strength and motivation to continue the fight and remain positive even during times of despair. I admire the unconditional loving support given by all and the way in which personal stories are told that we can read and relate to and most of all it proves that we are not alone in our fight.

I say a big THANK YOU Bladder Cancer Web Café and long may people in need be given that helping hand of love and support……

No comments: