Thursday 10 July 2008

Burgers chips and milkshakes

The problems with the pain in my back have increased so I made an appointment for today at my doctors. He had a good look at my spine and asked me to perform certain movements to see if the pain increased. None of his actions caused extra pain as it feels like it is coming from inside in the lower back area and reaching to my right side. It is a burning twisting pain that increases at night when I am relaxed in bed.

My urine was also tested and yet again I have abnormalities in my urine which can lead to an infection. This is now the 10th time I have had abnormalities since the operation, each time with a course of antibiotics prescribed. This time though my doctor wants to wait and ask my urologist for assistance with these recurring urine problems….

He thinks that because my new bladder is made from my small intestine the abnormalities are coming from the structure of the new bladder. The small intestine was used for the creation of the bladder and has taken over the function of my bladder but it still thinks it is a small intestine and produces the normal mucus that the intestine produces to push around the food being absorbed into our system. This mucus is expelled when I urinate and can be seen in the urine and resembles fine creamy strands. I only feel them when the mucus is concentrated after I eat dairy products and feels like I am passing wet tissue. I can tell you that this was pretty alarming the first time I saw this but has become normal to me now……

The doctor has requested an x-ray because of the back pain and amazingly when I called the hospital to make the appointment it was scheduled for later this afternoon. I suppose that is the benefit of living in a quiet area instead of the city…..

So I will be packing myself off for this photo shortly and can only guess the results will be given after the weekend at my doctors office………

The swimming party went really well yesterday and all 19 kids had a great time swimming and splashing around for three and a half hours finishing off with burgers and chips and milkshakes……..

No comments: