Thursday 10 July 2008

Thank you

What a difference a day can make…I woke up this morning and paid a visit to the toilet and had the best pee since my operation last September.

I was a little worried yesterday as I could only manage dribbles and at the back of my mind assumed the operation had not been a great success. It must have just been swollen in my urethra because of the probe during the operation.

On Friday I have a check up with the Urologist and I am certainly going to give him a hand and a big thank you. I have struggled for the last 7 months to have a normal pee as it took roughly 10-15mins to empty my bladder and today it emptied in just a few seconds.

It is amazing what we take for granted in this world and I still do take many things for granted and it is not until these norms are taken away that we realize what we have lost.

The back pain I have suffered must have been related to the pressing and pushing I have been doing to try to squeeze out my urine….

Thank you so much Dr. de Poorter you really have changed my life for the better and my spirit has lifted once more.

No comments: