Thursday 10 July 2008

Pompodoro

The second round chemo has been confirmed a go for tomorrow at 13:00 and the one night stay Wednesday for the big one.

Not sure what lifted my blood levels could have been the overload of fruit and vegetables I have been eating this last week.

Pomegranates are known to be a powerful antioxidant and body booster and I have had loads of this juiced this week.

This wonderful crispy sunny weather has been great for walks with Bo Bo the dog but unfortunately the ground has been frozen too hard to do anything in the garden.

I did manage to sow loads of seeds today that I will keep in a warm under glass until they are mature enough o be transplanted into the garden.

I was far too late last year getting them going and if we have a warm spring again it will be perfect timing.

The herbs I have sowed are chives, flat leaf parsley, coriander, mint and basil. Pompodoro tomatoes and chilli and pepper plants have also been sown with loads of annual flowers for the borders.

I still have loads to sow but need some more potting compost and pots so I can get the sweet corn, cucumbers and salad leaves on the go.

No comments: